We are looking for a Category Manager
As our Category Manager, your goal is to strategically drive our expanding beds & mattresses assortment through product design and development. Our commitment is to deliver world-class sleeping solutions that provide a truly satisfying value to our customers and delight our end consumers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a link between Sales and Product Development.
- Translate market, customer and consumer insights to the portfolio and product strategies which will drive our performance.
- Develop and maintain a long-term product road map and strategy per category and market segment
- Decrease time to market by using modular-based product development in close cooperation with lead buyers.
- Conduct assortment analysis for priority customers and markets.
- Analyze market trends and pick up innovations from suppliers and fairs in close cooperation with our lead buyers internally
- Business case evaluation and prioritization based on ROI
- Maintenance of pricing tool to assist Sales in preparing quotations for standard assortment.
You will be part of the Product Development & Innovation team that is geographically distributed in Poland, Finland and Estonia.
Terms of the role
This is a permanent role with start as soon as possible for the preferred candidate. Place of work is either our Parnu (Estonia), Kostrzyn nad Odrą (Poland) office or home office in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Estonia, Poland or Germany. Work conditions will align with the laws of the location country. The role includes approximately 20% travelling time, mainly within Europe.
- 10+ years’ experience in category management/ product/ brand management, preferably including 3+ year’s with leading furniture/textile manufacturers or retailers in Central Europe, Baltics or Scandinavian markets.
- Strong understanding of home furnishing/ sleep solutions markets, ideally in an international environment. Passionate about design.
- Business acumen, understanding of key business measures (ROI, NPV etc.) and ability to discuss business priorities and implications of projects/ actions.
- Experience in Sales or Purchasing role would be an additional asset.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- Highly organized, self-starter, high level of ownership with the ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well-mannered, composed and respectful even under pressure and conflict, able to separate the issue and the person.
- Business mindset. Understands and can challenge the business.
Why work at Wendre?
Wendre Group is a very solid company and one of Europe’s largest producers of bedding products. Wendre has further growth potential, and in parallel, we are open to growing through potential acquisitions.
So – these are exciting times! We launched a company strategy for 2020, giving the new Category Manager a big exposure and the opportunity to make a large impact in a short time. It is an exceptional chance to be part of the next chapter of the company in this competitive industry.
Please apply by uploading your CV and cover letter in English through the application form. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please note we do not accept applications via e-mail.
All enquiries are treated confidentially. For more information about the role or recruitment process, please contact recruitment consultant Ana Acosta (email@example.com)
We look forward to receiving your application!