We are looking for a Sales Manager Germany / DACH
To join one of Europe’s largest bedding companies, Wendre Group.
Wendre Group is one of Europe’s largest producers of bedding products. We help people make the most of sleep, furnishing bedrooms and other spaces that were created for rest. We believe that proper sleep is the cornerstone of quality of life.
In the service of sleep, we’ve expanded our production from quilts and pillows to everything associated with a good night’s rest – spring mattresses, beds, and soft furniture. With our own manufacturing units in Estonia and Poland we have a yearly production capacity of 18 million quilts & pillows and 600.000 beds & mattresses.
The Wendre Group is having sales offices in Germany, Poland, Sweden, Finland and Estonia. The customers include many of the leading European retail chains in both furniture’s and home textiles as well as in the Professional part of the industry. Wendre’s sales turnover amounts to M€ 120 and are having around 800 employees. The main part of our business is private labels but we are also successful with our own brands Familon, Wendre and Geska.
Wendre Group is environmentally conscious and applies the latest technologies to reuse up to 95% of production leftovers.
Why work at Wendre?
Wendre Group is a very solid company and one of Europe’s largest producers of bedding products. Wendre have further growth potential, and in parallel, we are open to grow through potential acquisitions. So – these are exciting times! We launched a company strategy for 2020-2022, giving the new Sales Manager a big exposure and the opportunity to make a large impact in short time. It is an exceptional chance to be part of the next chapter of the company in this competitive industry.
As our Sales Manager in Germany / DACH, your goal is to strategically drive our expanding quilts & pillow and mattress business together with your sales team. Our commitment is to deliver world-class sleeping solutions that provide truly satisfying value to our customers and delight our end consumers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of sales and marketing plans according to strategic plan and budget for the Business unit.
- Proactive development of Key Account Customers and prospect relationships.
- Operational execution and excellence of sales and marketing plans.
- Continues performance evaluation and actions to further improve sales growth and profitability.
- Owner of distribution and product portfolio strategy for the Business unit according to strategic plan.
- Monitor and act on changes in the market and/or competitors products, sales and marketing activities.
- Translate market and customer insights to portfolio and product strategies which will drive our performance.
- In close cooperation with our product development team, maintenance of a long term product road map and strategy per category and market segment for each Key Account Customer.
- Investigation, design, and validation of products and portfolios contribution and need throughout the whole business life cycle for each Key Account Customer.
Terms of the role
This is a permanent role with start as soon as possible for the preferred candidate. Place of work is either our site in Alzey near Frankfurt/Main or home office. Work conditions will align with the laws of the location country. The role includes frequently travelling time, mainly within Europe.
- 10+ years’ experience in Sales management / Key Account management, preferably including 3+ year’s working with major retail chains in Germany and/or Central Europe.
- Business acumen, understanding of key business KPI´s and ability to take decisions on business priorities and implications of projects/ actions.
- Higher education in Economics, Business Administration, Marketing or similar.
- Strong understanding of home furnishing / sleep solutions markets, ideally from an international environment.
- Experience from a commercial Category management role would be an additional asset.
- Fluency in German and English, spoken and written.
- Highly organized, self-starter, high level of ownership with ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Systematic approach, accuracy and time management skills.
- Commercial business mindset. Understands and can challenge the business.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter in English to our recruitment consultant Lothar Schmidt: email@example.comWe encourage you to apply as soon as possible. All enquiries are treated confidentially.
We look forward to receiving your application!